Saturday, November 10, 2007

Eateries at Vientiane (Part 4) - Le Silapa

Le Silapa is another French-managed, double-storey restaurant, located at Thanon Sihom. Compared to Le Côte d'Azur, this restaurant is another splurge. However, it's comparatively cheaper than Le Belle Epoque. Main courses start at USD6.

We went for lunch and the restaurant offered set lunch. Set lunch comes with soup or salad, main course, dessert and coffee or tea. Set meal was relatively cheaper which cost only USD6.50. We grabbed a set lunch plus a main course.

As usual, bread and butter as entree.

I chose salad as my appetizer to start with. Lettuce, tomatoes, onion and some unknown green leaves. Not sure what the dressing was but definitely not the typical french dressing. Anyway, yummy.

White fish on rice with red wine sauce. A good match of rice and the sauce. I had some of the rice because of the sauce cos I don't eat plain rice without sauce. Hehe.

Another main course - foie gras. Delicacy in French cuisine but not my cup of tea.. I nearly puked on my first try. Sorry, I do not know to appreciate goose liver.

Dessert - Lemon sorbet (sherbet). The first try was sour. After a few dips, it tasted alright for me.

Total cost for the meal was around USD23. Foie gras cost USD14.50 which should be considered very cheap right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

你拍美食特集啊你?herherr

Anonymous said...

ohh the foie gras looks so special eh herherr

veerla said...

err... that foie gras very e xin leh... u go try lor.. make sure u dun puke. hehehe.