Friday, May 23, 2008

Back from Melbourne


Yeah, I'm back from trip. A tiring trip maybe due to long hour flights.

Our flight was at 9:45pm, 14/05/08. My lady boss was kind enough to let me knock off earlier to avoid the mad rush to airport. I did not have good feeling about this trip, or rather, I should said I was kinda worried cos it's a family trip. I prayed it would be a safe journey. Another thing was that, I learnt the auntie who stayed opposite me passed away on our departure day. I merely checked out from the police of her death, without sending my regards to the family members as I was rushing out, plus the police was still interviewing the family. Until today, I still do not know why and how she'd gone.

Transit at Darwin, which was also where we need to get custom clearance. It was not a pleasant experience which I personally think it's a serious discrimination (I'm checking whether or not our experience were just a custom routine check and whether or not I can file a complain if it is not).

It might not be a good time for travelling to Australia during this period of time. The weather was bad as it rained every now and then. The sun set at 5pm, as a result the length of the day was short. But, our enjoyment came from supermarket. There were always things to buy everyday, thus we did not miss "visiting" Safeway, or IGA or Coles.

Initial planned itenerary:

Day 1: Melbourne city
Day 2: Great Ocean Road (it rained thus we revisited the next day on the way to Barallat)
Day 3: Barallat (didn't manage to go Goldfield and wildlife park because of rain)
Day 4: Melbourne city - Main attraction being Victoria Market
Day 5: Philip Island
Day 6: Yarra Valley (what the hell the car caused us some problem)

More updates to come later as our half-pail-professional photographers are organising the pictures. Till then.

The one and only group picture of 8 - taken at Churchhill Island Heritage Farm, Philip Island.

No comments: