Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Business talk, eh?

I was so-called "invited" to a business talk by a friend. I asked her the nature of the talk and whether there's admission fee, she didn't talk much about it but asked me to go with open heart and make some friends. Fine, deep down my heart I expected something, just that I do not know which brand it is.

I had dinner with her before the talk. Noticably she has slimmed down, naturally I commented that she's lose some weights and she told me she's actually having a diet programme for 2 months. Some hintsight surfaced but still, she didn't tell me what programme it is. So I'd just lay back and see what could surprise me later. Stepped into the conference room, I saw something familiar. Ah.... there it is....

I do not deny the quality of the products. I also reckon it's a career for some ppl cos I saw my friend had a successful career via this platform. If you were to ask me to join the team and put effort into it, I would not want to do that, purely because I'm not willing to. I'm not willing to approach ppl like how they're approaching me now. Buying products and selling products, or rather, creating value for the products as they claim, are 2 different matter.

Surprisedly I met my ex-senior, it didn't surprise me much that he also joined this network. They're telling me that this is not those cheapo kind of thing whereby there are many professionals and influential ppl gave up their professions for it. Yes, it's factual. True also, financial freedom sounds attractive. Just "bia" for 3 years or so, eh? Sorry, not to me.

I want to get financial freedom through my own way. I want to stick with my profession even though I'm working for others at the moment, I do value it importantly. I'd gain more satisfaction if I can be successful in my own profession, or any other path that I'll choose years later. Building wealth via direct sales is against my principle.

9 out 10 of them are attacking me with the same tactic. The only goal I see them going after this career is money and nothing else. I'd like to make myself clear, the more I defense the more aggressive they are to convince me. After two lines then I tried to keep quiet cos that's the best way to keep myself out. It's pointless to tell them what I'm truly thinking as they'll put up more and more examples to make things sound constructive. After all, it's different objective we're trying to achieve in life.

Money's the root of all evils, thus I'm very careful in dealing with any issues that has to do with money. I'm just down-to-earth, my nature.

No comments: