Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hainan dishes


I'm on business trip in Guangzhou City for the entire week. The first dinner I had here really surprised me. I do not expect to have Hainan dishes here in Guangzhou as I thought this is a place for cantonese. Oh... ya... talking about this, I suddenly recalled my grandma was from Guangzhou!

I don't have much knowledge about Hainan dishes, except for that few classic one. An average person will know what are those. This "Hainan Fen" is something I have no idea about it. Having said it's classic and traditional, so I ordered. This is a stir fry thing which is as good as rice. Ppl either have "fen" or rice. Very yummy!

Apart from the chicken, we also had "char siew" where they just "siew" the pork without putting any color in it. The way they "siew" is unlike the Hong Kong style, there's no burning part and still fragrant.

I did not take any picture of the food.... with the presence of my boss.... I have to behave "guai guai".... hoo....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guai guai? then how u got the above pic :P

veerla said...

光明正大 took one. cos I said I want to show it to my parents. haha.