Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My MBA application

I have not checked email for a number of days. I'm very shocked to read this:

"I am pleased to inform you that your recent application for the MBA programme has been successful. An offer together with an invoice will be sent to you in due course.If you have any questions regarding the above, or about the programme in general please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,MBA Admissions Team"

The email dated 20/11/08.

I am surprised by their "efficiency". The closing deadline was on 16/11/08. The system must receive the application form by the date, other required documents can be submitted later. I submitted my form on 15/11/08, at 11:58pm. And I had my one referral submitted his form on 18/11/08. And the email dated 20/11/08?!?!?!?!

What shocked me is, there was no verification of my personal details, no interview, no presentation of my certificate and transcript! In the rush to submit the application, I wrote a lousy essay. The essay required 500 to 700 words, I wrote only 451 words, still submit cos it was already 11:58pm. I could not squeeze another 49 words in 2 minutes time. Seriously I did not expect the application to be successful.

Does this lesson tell me, we must go all out to try? We should not give up until the last minute? Cos you never know what you gonna get from the chocolate box.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

酱你都没有霉到。

Anonymous said...

Which school?

The lesson I get is, this school is really desperate and it seems that something wrong with their standard... like that u still want to enrol? For what? A piece of paper? Real life experience is more important la... work your best at work.

Anonymous said...

Veela, is the school accredited by AMBA? Last time, i did some homework on MBA schools. Not many schools in singapore have that accreditation.

You must check carefully, Normally good MBA schools will need a lot of documents, interviews and academic transcript, not to say managerial working experience.

It is better to choose well known school since you are paying high price for it. Take note, cheers!

James

Anonymous said...

James, I'm not aware of AMBA until you told me. Thanks for the information.

Anyway, I've decided not to pursue. There were some conflicts between me and the school. I'll search other schools. :)

Anonymous said...

Zhou, after listening to me, you'll know whether I got 霉到 or not.....

Chris, experience is important, I agree. I want to get that piece of paper, still. :)