Friday, October 26, 2007

How much you know about watch?

To me, a watch is a device which displays time. It is a timepiece and no more than that. Although it could be masterpiece, I never think of exploring further until yesterday...

I've thought of buying my dad and my brother as birthday gift last month, but I dragged it until yesterday as I was really quite tied up with works until recently where I could have a bit of time for myself. Roughly knew the brand and the model I was looking at, ended up buying different model and different brand though. I didn't just pay for the watch... but an opportunity to explore myself to watch... haha....

I was wondering how does a mechanical watch function without battery. *Actually I later knew there's this mechanical watch and quartz watch... -_-"* Then I was wondering how the watch knows which month I was in when I merely set the date and the day (but I presume the year was preset). I was thinking maybe there was no repetitive match of "date" and "day" in a year. I checked to the calendar, it proved me wrong. For each match of "date" and "day", it repeats twice in a year. I asked my friend who is very addicted to watch, he merely told me it's human's invention plus a word "suagu". -_- To solve my puzzle, the best way to go is "Google". Heehee.

If I don't search, I wouldn't have known there are so much technical information behind a watch. Wikipedia is also informative and you've got to "watch" this. There are also some glossary terms. Gosh.

Please bear with my suagu. Maybe one day I'll become an expert in watches. Just wait. Hehe.

No comments: