Saturday, October 20, 2007

End of suay engagement

What have I been up to recently? Sorry guys... basically I've forgotten what I've said to you guys over msn, nor in person. I'd probably forgotten what happened apart from those matters arose from work. Maybe I'd also turned down a few gatherings (yq, right?) Pai seh...

I'd been very busy with the suay engagement and it has finally come to an end yesterday (19/10/2007); I was quite sick over the entire week; I'd seen doctor twice to get flu medicine but the drug didn't work on me still; I worked with the engagement manager until 5am and still continue to work the next day after few hours sleep. None of the days in the past week I got home before 10pm. Crazy huh? Crazy indeed.

I don't quite like working under this manager. I really don't like his working style as he likes to flood me with email, with sms and delegates me a lot of adhoc administrative tasks (while I have my main task to complete) and expects me to chop chop complete it. I have to work in a very fast pace in order to catch up of him. This kind of working style could really bring me heartattack at any point of time. Because I'm a virus-bearer, I also passed on my virus to him and the other team members. Bascially the whole team was not working in good state. Hmm.... can't blame me... I had made a "formal announcement" to all of them on day 1 that this is a cursed engagement. Apart from the nature of the engagement - long working hours and mad rush for deadline, all sort of funny things could happen at any point of time.

To certain extent, I do look up this manager regardless how dislike I am towards his working style. He's basically groomed by "Robin" so my first impression on him was that, he will be somehow like him since he's one of his favourite. I quite appreciate the way he handles staffs and client. I'm also grateful that he didn't let me die alone, he's willing to die with the team. He will also take the responsibility to cover the team at front line.

Robin is different. Robin will put the blame all the way down without investigating further. He will first point the fault to the team, which is very despicable and low class. It's really sickening when I thought of the silly argument over a stupid entries with him. "Don't work with your own logic, you're not making things easy for me..."... feel like punching him when I heard from him. Please lah... simple mathematic and I've proved it wrong by a simple reconciliation, what's more he wants? Why waste effort and time on finger pointing who is at fault when it's not gonna help to resolve the problem? E xin..

The engagement manager had a talk with me about this engagement at the end of the day. He sort of comfort me the coming year end audit will be smoother than last year and this review. Well... I was tempted to tell him that I won't be around by that time and thus won't be playing a part... Anyway, good luck to the next AIC who's going to lead this 2 engagements... and the manager.

So, you know what my D-day means now? :)

3 comments:

Yiqi said...

uh, finally can see u relief a bit ~

Ange.T said...

must take good care of yourself veerla.. recovered from flu yet?

veerla said...

80% recovered. thanks...