Tuesday, January 15, 2008

About my new job

Thanks everybody for your concern. I'm doing well. I didn't really expect I could have received sms or call or msn from friends, checking out if I'm doing fine with my new job. Very gan dong.

I'm in commercial industry, no longer in professional field. Difference between commercial and professional is its professionalism. *craps*

1. Lesser accounting standards I need know, as in I'll need to know those that relevant to my industry and, of cos my company;
2. Work nature is more routine as every month's basically doing the same thing;
3. More adhoc assignments as business is on-going. The #1 in my priority list keeps changing as and when new issue is encountered.
4. I can proudly chase auditor for financial statements now. Haha.

The working environment is pretty friendly. The finance team is quite small, all girls. *Too bad* The only guy in my office is my CEO. The existing staffs have been telling how good my 2 bosses are. Based on my observation, my 2 bosses appear to be friendly and easy-going. They join us for lunch if they're not travelling. We're not having a stressful lunch with the presence of the bosses though. There will be no discussion about work but they're sharing all kinds of stories. I enjoy my lunch hour unlike before.

That's all I can tell at the moment. The people, the environment and the job scope seem to be a perfect match for my ideal job. I hope my luck is with me along the way. Guan Yin Ma bless me.