Saturday, September 8, 2007

Siem Reap Trip - Part 1

Have been thinking of visiting to Angkor ruins for long time. Being one of the 7 wonders of the world, so to me, it's then a must-visit place.

Happened to see promotional fare with Jetstar while working OT in office, so I just turned to ask Yang Boon if she's interested. At the same time, I was also asking around in MSN to see if any others would be interested as well. I got quickest reply from Ninja. Since we have at least 3 person travelling in group, so without much considerations, what most important to me was to grab the cheap ticket first. Whoever feel like joining can join later but at their own expense. Hiak. Ticket was booked on May 18, 2007. Travelling date from September 2 to September 7, 2007. As we did not plan our trip to Phnom Pehn so our stay was limited to Siem Reap. 5 full days at Siem Reap... just relax and take our time slowly...

Didn't read much about the country before I went this round, partly was because I was tied up with work. Parly also because I knew my travelmate have planned for the trip so I can just follow. Hehe. The trip was a bit like 出师不利. Cos I received bomb from F woman telling me that I was not allowed to go on leave. Received a rude email with her usual tone, I felt a bit bu shuang. Was there a need to make big fuss over my leave when it's only a week?

I took 2 days earlier leave to do all the last minute packing. A day before I went off, I was still sending workpapers to my babysitters and also the need to submit stupid timesheet. As the flight was early in the Sunday morning, hence, I got my dad to drive me in Sg on Saturday evening. I was caring too much about the things to bring to Cambodia and the work and I forgot one important thing - I FORGOT MY KEYS! Yes... again... I only realised I came out without keys when I was reaching Tiong Bahru. This was the 3rd time I forgot about my keys and need to call up my landlord for spare keys... Silly me. Hanging around at Tiong Bahru Plaza while waiting my landlord. Thought of going friends' house nearby but none were around. By the time I got into my room, it was already 9:30pm...

Cos need to wake up early at 3 plus the next day, I tried to sleep earlier though, didn't have good sleep still. Yang Boon sms me and told me she's not sleeping cos she afraid she'd miss flight. My dad was previously worrying that I couldn't wake up so he insisted to send me to airport in the early morning but I refused. I set my alarm at 3am though, I forgot my alarm didn't work during weekend so it did not ring at 3am! Gou li. Luckily Ninja called to wake me up at 3 plus. If I were to go airport alone, I think I could the one who missed flight in the end. Hoho.

Flight number 3K595... there we go.... 7:05am (an hour slower than our time) we stepped on Siem Reap - an exciting, tiring, dusty and warm journey began.........

3 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Yeah, you are caring so much abt the things to bring... example, facial lotions, whitening masks, pretty dress etc. Faint!

veerla said...

aiyah... to me... those facial stuffs are far more important than anything else lor.... hehe...

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

faint~