Thursday, December 27, 2007

An absurb job interview

I was awaken by this sms at 9:30am. It's an interview invitation. But guess what, it's to be held at 11:30am. HELLOO... that's crazy. I was in JB and I really wonder who would attend this interview at short notice (for those who physically in sg). So I put it off to 2pm but it's still a mad rush cos I'd still need to do a bit of the research of the company's background and all that.

I managed to be there at 2am. I met the interviwer but don't ask me who I'd spoken to cos this interviewer didn't introduce herself. She didn't even tell me her name. Fine. A general start off would be self introduction and a description of my roles and responsibilites with my current job. Subsequently, she asked me if I'm aware of the role and responsibilities of the position that I was applying for. Again, I shouted a big "HELLOOOO" in my heart. I thought it's been clearly stated on the advertisement??? Don't tell me she doubts I've not worked with person at this level in the past?? Then, it's another question that really provoked me. She said to me that her accountants are much more experienced than me, they're also qualified accoutant. She asked me how would I see myself to lead a team like this. Then, in my heart, it shouted: Why not you promote your accountant and you hire an accountant which is cheaper then? Walaooooo.....

Seriously, the finance team consist of only 2 accountants, 1 admin staff and 1 payroll. This is a rather small team whereas my audit team could be in bigger group at times. What puzzle me was she had seen my profile, she knew my background, if she thinks that I'm less experienced than her existing accountant then why invite me for interview at this short notice???? Don't waste each other time lah, madam.

It's the first time I saw ppl invite ppl for interview via sms but not a call. In the sms, they also mentioned that they'd sms the company's address but it was me who took the initiative to ask if the company is located at this so and so building an hour before the interview. (I'd already got the address from the company's website la.... Duh.. ) It's also the first time I saw interviewer didn't even bother to do a basic self introduction. Show some respects to others la, please. Even your company was awarded "Enterprise 50" but so what? It's nothing big to me.

No comments: