Friday, November 9, 2007

Back from Thai-Laos trip

Yeah.... I'm back from trip... Reached home at 12 plus... started to clean up myself, my dusty room, unpacked my stuff, crap with KY and check emails till 3am... Ended up couldn't wake up in the morning so I was an hour late for work... Not something unusual though, not as what I planned to. First thing to do when I was back office today was to give my "love letter" to HR and mentor manager. Yes... I've tendered my resignation. Hoho. That's what D-day meant.

It's a sinful and fattening trip cos I'd been eating a lot in the past few days... I've been telling around how good the food is in Laos. Miss C couldn't really believe it and want me post her some pictures for her to see herself. Alright... hehe... so I'm going to tell you guys about the food first - that's the most exiciting things to share.

Vientiane, in summary, is nothing but all about food. There are a few "wat" to tour, very few sightseeings, nothing much to buy. Sourvenirs are generally imported. Things are the same as you've seen in Vietnam or Thailand. If you're interested in antiques, there are a number of shops to shop around.

Nothing special about local food except for baguette (which is really really yummy). It's more authentic to taste baguette at local kopitiam. One should look for French food in Vientiane. It's comparatively cheaper than in Malaysia or Singapore for the same quality of food.

Itenerary of this Thai-Laos trip is summarised as follow:

Day 1 (Nov 2) - Departed at 6:30pm. Stayed over at Bangkok.
Day 2 (Nov 3) - Ayuttaya
Day 3 - 5 (Nov 4-6) - Vientiane
Day 6 (Nov 7) - Half day at Vientiane, half day at Nong Khai
Day 7 (Nov 8) - Full day at Bangkok - Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Jim Thompson. Fly back Singapore in the evening.

5 comments:

Ninjapura said...

It was supposed to be a full day in Nong Khai, but someone love to eat alot so ended up left Vientiane at the late afternoon...

veerla said...

who love to eat??
it's you who said want to have that big big feast before leaving one ok

Anonymous said...

walaoeh beh tahan u 2 lah herherr

sounds very nice & enjoyable trip wor herherr

reach 60kgs jor leh? herherr

veerla said...

aiyah.. whymei.. u missed it lor..
it'd be better if you could join.

Anonymous said...

yalorr wuwuwuuu... so many 美食 geh... rugi big liao lah wuwuwuuu~~~