Friday, November 9, 2007

Eateries at Vientiane (Part 2) - Le Côte d'Azur


Le Côte d'Azur is a French managed restaurant located at Thanon Fa Ngum - Main street of the town, facing Mekong River. A mid-range restaurant. The only restaurant that we visited twice. One of which was day 1's dinner; another day was our last meal at Vientiane.

A pleasant atmosphere, dimmed light and nicely decorated.

Entree and starter - Crispy bread, fish soup and onion soup. Bread was baked in a traditional oven. What I meant by traditional oven was, it's oven with charcoal and fire. Not those conventional oven that works with gas or electricity. The fish soup was rich in flavour. It made me think of the oyster soup that I had at Raffles Hotel. Onion soup tasted not bad as well.


We did order salad but didn't take a photo of it. A big plate of salad with fresh vegetables, mint leave and herbs. The salad looked very attractive because of the colors - mixture of green, orange (carrot) and red (tomatoes).


White fish with various seafood in white wine sauce. Very juicy meal. The main course was like another course of soup to me. The sauce was fantastic. At the side of the plate, it was deep fried basil in batter. Incorporated local culture, this main course was served with rice. I didn't have the rice at all. The main course was too big a portion and was more than enough for me.

Another main course, I have no idea of the name. It's steak with some mushroom on top. Don't know what the sauce was but it was with a strong wine taste. The dishes was served with the battered basil, some veggie and pototoes at side. The potatoes was fantastic. Hehe. The only thing that I tried as I don't eat beef.

We had house wine for 30,000 kips each. Intended to have dessert but in the end, the food was too filling, we gave up. I cannot even finish my main course....

The meal cost 216,000 Kips in total. A treat from Ninja. Hoho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wuwuwuuu romantic restaurant with good food wuwuwuuu~~~