Saturday, November 10, 2007

Eateries at Vientiane (Part 5) - Along the river

Riverview taken from the balcony of our room.

Along the Mekong river, there are many stalls selling grilled stuffs. The place becomes quite happening since evening as locals or tourists will flow to the river for beer and snacks, while sun goes down over the river.

The establishment is Lao-style and simple. Only mat and low tables are set up. Diners will need to take off their shoes, sit crossed leg or stretch your leg on the mat.


Almost all the stalls sell the same thing. Grilled fish is the key player, it can be seen everywhere.


Sun set by the river. It's a pleasant place for chit-chat and relax.

For those who have not seen me for ages... Yeah... I fat a lot... *sob* *sob* Could somebody tell me how to lose 3 kgs in a week? If I can gain 3 kgs in a week, rightfully, it will also mean I can lose 3 kgs in a week right? Argh~

Sit down and have some beer. Dang Dang Dang Dang.... Introducing Beer Lao.... quite superior in taste. I think it tastes better than Heineken and Carlsberg. Try it if you happen to see it.


Grilled prawns.

A nightshot of the dining area. Mozzy~~ mozzy~~ it could be annoying. One shortfall of the place when come to night time. I kena a few bite. Argh~~

The meal cost 90,000 Kips in total.

2 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Yaloh, u keep drinking big bottles of beer laos, lots of meal (finish all bread) and sometimes kapok my meal, of cos fatty 3 kg more la. Why don't you tell people u can finish a big loaf of Baguette (french loaf).

veerla said...

halo... who keep drinking beer lao? u don't malign me u big eater! u despicable.