Friday, November 23, 2007

IELTS? Relax lah...

IELTS - International English Language Testing System (IELTS). For those who studied in overseas before, I am sure you know what it is. I sat this test twice before. One of which was right after I graduated from Foon Yew. In the end, I didn't go overseas within 2 years time and the results lapsed. Wasted. Then, the second attempt was in year 2002, 3 months before I went further studies in Australia. It was quite stressful cos it's like 万事具备, 只欠东风. Everything's in plan, should I don't get the desire result as required by the university, I'd need to defer another semester. But heng ah, I passed.

Now it's my sister's turn to sit the paper. I know she must be very stressed regardless how much I told her it's a test, not really an examination and nothing to prepare for, except the essay. She must be crazy cos all the questions she asked me was to do with the stationaries!

Pig: I ask u hor :) IELTS use pencil to shade answer... then how about short answer and essay? Pencil or pen?
Me: I think pencil or pen also can. I remember last time I used pen. You bring both and listen to the instruction.
Pig: Oh.. Okay... thanks..

2 mins later, she sms me again....

Pig: Then can bring highlighter? Can use liquid?
Me: Walao... u bring your whole pencil case lah.... they will give you clear instruction one la.. u very funny leh
Pig: Scare mah... Heiyer.... U dun understand de la....
Me: Aiyah... relax lahhh.... u worry all about stationaries for wat??
Pig: Just scare la... Never study anything important... Here cannot online totally... bought a book and only know the format..
Me: Aiyah... relax lah.... it's not exam but a test.. nothing you can prepare except essay... don't worry too much..

Relax lah Ah Moi... just a test... I prepared only the essay lor... then read those essay aloud lor... cos the last part of the exam is "speaking". Just "practice" as you read the essay as if you're talking to yourself. Haha... Relax lah.............

No comments: