Sunday, April 15, 2007

Email has changed the way we work....

Email has somehow changed the way we work in a way. It has become a way to pin point each other. It has also become a way to set aside responsilities. It has become a tool to protect oneself... When the email is sent, you can't deny that you didn't receive the email. Ppl could say that you sit on the email if you don't take any further action on the email received. Although I came across one case when I asked the Finance Manager if she received my email regarding the oustanding matter and her reply was: "Opps, sorry.... I haven't launch my mailbox for 2 days.... I didn't see your email." *deep breath* What a stupid excuse! Arent you doing business??? How could you not checking your email for 2 days during normal working hours?? And yet you call yourself Finance Manager? I feel like telling her that this is a really a stupid excuse and try to be smart next round. You can't easily cheat an auditor.. please...

Due to the nature of my job, the bulk of the work will be carried out at client's place. Hence, before you head towards client's place, the following set up is very important:

Microsoft Outlook -> Tools -> Out of office assistant

This is to ensure ppl who send you email on that day know that you're out office. So that you won't be expected to reply the stupid email until you return office. That's a way to protect oneself. Even though I have turned on this "out of office assistant", I'd still receive email like this:

* Cindy from XXX called, and asked you to call her back at 2pm*

Come on...... don't you read the returned email telling you that I'm out office and have limited internet access??? *shaking head*

Sometimes I'm also thinking that I'm safe when I turn this "out of office assistant" on so that I can actually give myself an excuse when I didn't reply manager's email (pretending that I didn't read it). Who knows.... I received this email from one of my manager:


*Please note that DT policy is to check email at least once every day*
#$%$%^$&^&..... what and what now?? email is a killer !! I hate it!

No comments: