Thursday, April 19, 2007

Unconditional help

It was raining cats and dogs this afternoon when I was having lunch at Amoy Street. None of us brought the umbrella. I felt eager to go back cos I had stupid things to rush today but due to the rain, there's just no way we could walk back to the office at that moment. Since nothing can be done, so I might as well buy myself a drink while waiting the rain to stop (which I think it's going to rain for some time).

Went down to the coffee stall and bought a cup of Teh-C. I don't quite often have lunch at Amoy Street due to the crowds. This coffee stall was also my first time visit.

Auntie said: 小妹 (hmm.... ya.... xiao mei again.... )。。。 你要什么?
I said: Auntie, 我要Teh-C。。。 带走。。。
Auntie said: 小妹。。 拿好好。。。哇,雨下很大。。
I said: 是咯。。。
Auntie said: 你没有带雨伞啊??你要雨伞吗? 我借你。

I was looking at her @_@ like this. Huh? Did I hear it wrongly? She's lending me, a nobody to her, umbrella in the believe that I'll return her. Then,

I said: 可是Auntie... 我们有3个人。。。

Auntie looked around and said: 不然我借你两把, 可以吗?

@_@ UNBELIEVABLE........... then I asked if I'd need to return her by today.

Auntie said: 不用紧啦,你下次来这里吃东西的时候再还我。。 不急的。。

Ohh... I can't believe it! Bringing a cup of Teh-C and 2 umbrella, my colleagues were very shocked to see me carry 2 umbrella also. They also got a shock of their life when I told them that it's from the coffee stall lady boss.

Auntie really made my day today.. Especially when the work life was grey, auntie gave me a rainbow to balance up. I really wonder why she'd lend me the umbrella. There were so many ppl standing around and waiting the rain to stop, but why me? It's like striking toto first prize. Hehe...

Seriously I can't recall the face of this Auntie now... but I'm really thankful...

*Opps... my colleagues asked me to buy toto today since they said it's a lucky day to me... I thought of buying today's date, which was 1804.... did this number come out?? I hope it didn't...

7 comments:

MISTY said...

not it din open cos i bought no too! u are v lucky. :)

MISTY said...

not it din open cos i bought no too! u are v lucky. :)

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

Haha~~ it is such a nice story...

veerla said...

i read a few times ... trying to figure out what you're saying... haha... you're referring to the toto number ah? haha....

i went to return the umbrella to the auntie today.. pai seh leh.. as though we know each other for long time already. hehe.

MISTY said...

No the no u were asked to buy

Miao said...

wah,where is the stall ah?if heavy rain next time,i can go there to pinjam umbrella also.hiehie.

yea,sometimes,a little timely good deed we received from others could really cheer up our life.

pass this on.world peace then!

veerla said...

yalor.. miao.. sometimes little good deed from others will really cheer you up... so what are you waiting?? do me some good deed! keke...

I'm compiling those good deeds received from others in office.. will post it later..