Sunday, April 15, 2007

A few rounds of counselling......

My mentor managers and some managers I had worked with have taken my resignation seriously... For which I feel quite bad about it. Then I had a few rounds of counselling with these managers.... trying to make me stay.. *sigh* that's really wu nai... What really shaked my mind was the IPO engagement offered by one of the manager. This is a special engagement which I have never handled before. It presented to me that it could be a very good exposure and learning opportunity. The talk with this manager actually surrounded and troubled me for a few days.....

Then I received this email from Catherine..... Here goes the conversation:

From: Chan, Catherine

Forgot to tell u I have tendered my resignation. Last day is end of this mth.
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Foo, Queenie

i've also tendered my resignation...
last day is on 27/4
but i become so undecisive now cos i've been counselled by a few of the managers..

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Chan, Catherine

our last day is the same!!!!!!!!
they tried to make u stay?

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Foo, Queenie

yup...
i think ur case is pretty confirmed right?
i haven't secured myself a job before i tendered. i tendered merely bcos i'm unhappy with the environment...
i don't want to force myself to stay and work under an environment which i dun like.
somemore i don't feel that i'm moving forward hence i don't gain any job satisfaction from wat i'm doing now.
with all these factors aggregated and was also agitated by some ppl, i made this decision.

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Chan, Catherine

of cos confirmed. i do not want to stay here too cos i am unhappy with the environment. i hate the backstabbing i hate everything here. since i have tendered everyone squeeze me. asking me to work weird hours and covering people's ass. which i do not like. i have the same feeling like u thats y i do not need to think anymore.

my dear girl, u are very daring, u did not secure yourself a job and dare to tender...... i would not be as brave as u!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Foo, Queenie

i feel that i really need some rest.. even without securing a job it sounds good to me also. i can travel around also before i start hunting job. that's wat i'm thinking. and also, i think it's pretty easy to get a job in the market now.

those managers who counselled me have offered me a few options... it's worth considering. there're pros and cons though. if i were to stay, i'll need to clear up the XXX mess.. a bit sian lor..

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Chan, Catherine

its not worth considering!!!!! sometimes they just stay becos they need people to work but whether they can deliver, is another question. u should see how they offer me to stay and after i have made my decision, everything FLIP.

wat kind of job are u looking for? mayb i can help u keep a lookout?

---------------------------------------------------------------

So this gal started to look out other opportunities for me... dropped me emails with some info of the headhunters or vacancies... Melvin also kept me in a loop of such information. Hui Hui and her hubby helped me to apply job... Then Tin referred me to the IPO team ... all these are so heart-warming. Thanks everyone... life will lead me somewhere.... :)

For my decision part..... things will somehow finalise when 27/04/07 comes......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear, even your colleague said no point to consider then just wrap all the mind up! personally i feel that Auditor/Accountant is a demanding job.. so don't be afraid there's no door open for you! Jia you!! good luck & all the best!

hoo.. i'm the first who left comment!

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

Haha.. yiqi also here, altough i cant remember your face properly.. however, i still remmeber the name~~~~
Yes, definitely, there are special demands or circumstances for every single job. Uniqueness of job gives us the chance of choosing our wanted one.

veerla said...

Was thinking if it's right to post the email correspondences. but luckily i got Catherine's permission.

Thanks for the supports from you guys.. yiqi... i wish u luck also.. start hunting job now since you're also suffering in an environment that you dun like.

Anonymous said...

eeh.. chotto matte neh.. 少俊乃何方神圣? I can't recall who are you.. sorry

veerla said...

my cousin..... :)

MISTY said...

i asked my boss who to handover my work. he told me S or W. i share with him my concern on S and W. so he agreed. then i consulted an AD on it. i act according to advise. now that most are overseas, i kena stab by another AD saying i din inform and show respect. I AM ONLY ACTING On instructions!!!!! my advise to you, is once u set your mind go. right now i am super happy that i am leaving. i had ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veerla said...

so the E is another AD?
your department is small and the politics are so terrible. wat's wrong with all these ppl huh? what can those backstabbing help? you all are after all a team...