Sunday, April 29, 2007

Once and only big event

It's an once and only big event for my family. Because of this event, or I should say a ceremony, I withdrew from the Batam's trip... *argh*

It's a whole day ceremony from morning 10am to night 10pm. It's also a very costly one... chinese tradition and it lives in the belief of almost every of my family members. It all started with....

















The event was held at our old family house in Kulai... where I moved out from there since 3 years old. However, it will still be the place where our family gathering is held although my grandparents were no longer around. It's also the first stop for every weddings cos all the ancestors are placed here.

How did this idea come about? I'm not really sure. What little I know is it's 3 years ceremony for my grandfather. In the meantime, my family also took this opportunity to pray (so-called 超渡)for other deceased family members. Hence, we're basically holding this ceremony for my great grandparents, grandparent, granduncle, eldest uncle and auntie, aunt and cousin Li Qiong (and for the aborted babies....).


For me, this is time when I'd choose to play with the kids (cos there's nothing better I can do), hehe... I find that nowadays kids are trained very well in posing. When you said "可爱,可爱" to the kids, they'll usually pose like this:

Placing their hand or fingers on one side of their face .. That's very cute.

However, they are still some kids don't buy it... like this little cute girl, who's difficult to catch and is said only like guys... I hardly carry her also....

Fu Mei Mei, we all used to call her this. She's really cute when she smiles.







Some more pictures of the kids....
Tun Yee, Natalie, Amelia and Mindy

Lai Pin Cheng, who can never sit still for 5 mins.



Haven't seen this girl for long time and finally caught her for picture. She's getting prettier day by day, with a pair of super big eyes.




When it's time to burn all the "properties" we bought for our ancestors... you must be wondering what we bought... hmm... very the exaggerating, except for the mansion, the maids, big car etc... we even got this:

Aeroplane?! Oh my god.... The first thought came into my mind when I saw this was: How much have we spent today? This ceremony must have cost us around 10K I guess. Nonetheless.... all these would become ashes in the end. We're like burning our own money!
I noted a ugly belief... many think that the more you burn the higher the chances you will strike the numbers. I don't quite like this. Hence, today is also a day where the stakes are high... *Can give me all the money instead of donating to Magnum or whatever pools??*
The whole event ended at around 10 plus... as long as 12 hours... that's really tiring....
P/S: You can also read report at other media....

No comments: