Thursday, April 26, 2007

Finger pointing session...

I was trying to clear all the files borrowed under my name with filling room. Shit! I had barely found out that there's a missing file when the previous AIC transferred the file under my name. I was being careless for not checking properly when I acknowledged the receipt with filling room. Why am I so unfortunate and have to bear the wrongdoings of others because of my carelessness? I mean I am not the person who lost the file but because the file is now under my name, I'll have to search the file out by hook or by crook. That sounds really ridiculous!

Trying to push the responsibilities back to the last year team (since they're the one who didn't take good care of the files they borrowed in the first place) but ... can't find a nice way to push. This troubled me and worried me. I even woke up at 4:30am cos I dreamt myself couldn't find this missing file. Then I prayed to god... Guan Yin la... Yuan Tian Shang Di (for WHOM I asked the 签 from) hope THEY bless me to find the file today. (kind of like seeking help from gods... haha.. )

In the morning, I sent an sms to this assistant who created me a lot troubles and gave me a bad time during audit. I also want to see what he would reply me.

"Can I transfer the DMA limited review files that you found last time back to you? There are some documents not filed for which I think they're not properly tidied up. Maybe when you come back from study leave you can have a look at it? Tomorrow is my last day already. I'm not able to look through everything in the box...."

I was guessing that maybe he would not reply me. But who knows, instead of replying me via sms, he emailed me, somemore copied the manager:

Hi,
With regards to your sms this morning, please return PY's files to the filing room first and sign out once filing room confirmed their completeness and existence. I'll draw them out myself should I require it after I come back from my exams. As for those chicken working papers etc pertaining to DMA, since you don't have time to arrange it, you can put it on your desk indicating the whole lot pertaining to DMA. I'll arrange it to the respective files if necessary after I come back, if is not urgent. Thanks.

PS: Hi Michael, FYI

It's very obvious to me that he knows himself didn't pass me the complete set of files and he didn't highlight to me and that's why he'd mention "completeness & existence" in the email. Somemore, no matter I have time to arrange them or not, it has nothing to do with me as well. Those mess were created by him last year. Why should I clear all the rubbish for him? I feel that he's trying to backstab me.

I felt hopeless as I totally had no clue where could the file have gone. Come on, it's also not me who lost the file. I went to 32nd floor and searched around, but couldn't find it. I told my "neighbour" about this. He then stood up and asked me to search again and said he'd help me. Returning back to 32nd floor we started the search.... was praying in my heart: please.... god... let me find it.... 15 mins later, OH MY GOD ! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! Sometimes I really find that luck is always with me....

Then I shoot back an email to this senseless guy and copied my manager also:

Hi TE,

With regards to DMA limited review workpaper file for YE 30/06/2005, I'd just noticed that there's a missing file (File 1/2). Fortunate enough, I found the other file in a dusty plastic bag, with one whole lot of unfiled documents pertaining to prior year audit/ limited review (I'm not sure) at one corner at 32nd floor (I believe it's where you used to sit last time).

For your information, I've returned the limited review workpaper file to filling room. I have also left those unfiled documents relating to prior year audit/ limited review in your pigeon hole. Kindly spare some time looking at those unfiled documents and fill accordingly to respectives prior years workpaper files (YE 2005 and 2006, limited review or audit) if necessary. Thanks.


Trying to set me up eh? He're not lucky enough. Lucks don't stay with devil. While he thought himself is smart to keep manager in a loop on this... in fact he's not. He's probably forgotten he was the one who lost the file....

P/S: Thanks Catherine for offering herself to look for the file. And a big thanks to Jin Hoa who helped me to search for the file and arrowed the guy in a "professional" way. :)

No comments: