Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

As usual, we ate out at restaurant. My mum suggested a newly open restaurant at Mutiara Rini. According to her, it's a seafood restaurant and the restaurant is always crowded with people (the perception was that food must be nice and cheap there). Hmm.... we're the regulars of a few restaurant, partly because my parents accept only chinese food and are also health conscious, hence, there were only a few restaurants in my dad's list. So I was thinking in mind maybe we should try something new...





My first impression: very creative name... but then the restaurant is a bit "lok kok". Not much renovations was done. Some mamak stalls could have better and grand outlook than this restaurant.

Come to eating, there're certain dishes we wouldn't be missed out - tofu and fish. Cos we grabbed crab and prawns this round, hence, no fish was ordered. Tofu was still one of the dishes, for certain. How's the food then?

This was the best dishes I had tonight. Black pepper crab was oily; veggie was so-so; Indonesian prawn was also not better off than other restaurant. Overall speaking, dishes were a bit of salty. However, there's something which surprised me. The restaurant didn't put pork on its menu. Dishes were also cooked with chicken instead of pork. Hardly see a chinese restaurant which didn't use pork at all right? This best suit me.. cos I don't eat pork (although I also don't like chicken).

This is chrysanthemum tea. Was it really chrysanthemum tea? Look dubious to me cos the colour was too yellowish. Another was, I didn't see chrysanthemum flower. See the water was so clear. It must be some chrysanthemum powder with colour additive. The flowers used must be those re-brew for a few times and merely for "decoration" puporse. Sucks.

Lastly, a group picture. Very "lao tu" right? My mum's idea.... taking a wall as background. Should make use of those customers as background mah.... looked merrier....

Should you want to have seafood, better go those proper seafood restaurant. You can still get seafood at this restaurant but there's a big gap in the quality and freshness...

2 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Good lar, can enjoy food with whole family. In my memory, I have never had meal in same table with my dad together. Hmm... maybe except CNY once a year.

I think Malaysia zucao is definitely nicer than Singapore one. Sg one no standard.

veerla said...

You do have choice, don't you?

ya... agree... singapore food not really nice leh... not as nice as it's shown on tv.