Saturday, June 23, 2007

Starbucks Azuki Frappuccino Blended Cream

Since last introduction of "Banana Java Chips", Starbucks introduces another new drink! It has a very nice name called: Azuki Frappuccino Blended Cream. What's so special about this drink? What's Azuki? I asked the questions as I went in Starbucks. hehe. Bear with my "suagu", I really don't know what is Azuki. I merely know the drink is mixed with red bean (from the picture can tell ok). Well, Azuki is top-graded red bean from Japan. What so special about this drink is Starbucks mixed the coffee bean with the red bean. Customer can choose to have a shot of Expresso to mix with the drink as well. So, as you sip you think you're drinking red bean but it's creamy coffee! The bitter taste of Expresso, the sweet taste of the cream, plus the red bean, they're perfect match. Some people might not like it, but to me, it's perfectly alright.

One thing worth mentioning is the brownie from Starbucks. So far I'd never had cake at Starbucks. I make it quite clear, Starbucks is a place for coffee, and Secret Recipe is a place for cake. Should I want to have cake, I'll have it at Secret Recipe. As I was waiting the coffee, I had a glance through the cakes Starbucks have. Maybe because I watched the TV programme about the making of brownie and chocolate mousse. So when I saw the brownie, it was simply attrative to me. So... I grabbed the last 2 brownies.

The differences between Starbucks' brownie and Secret Recipe's brownie are: 1. The size - Starbucks' brownie is bigger in size; 2. The chocolate on top - Starbucks' brownie has a thick layer of chocolate on top and the chocolate is so rich, sticky and fantastic! Secret Recipe's brownie is topped with a thin layer of melted hot chocolate; 3. The content - Secret Recipe's brownie is merely a plain cake with a bit of smashed walnut, whereas Starbucks' brownie is filled with mixed fruits, e.g. raisin, dried mandarin etc. Comparing the two, I prefer Starbucks' brownie. Of cos, Starbucks' brownie is more costly compared to Secret Recipe. I think almost doubled the price of Secret Recipe's.

Have you tried them yet? Try them when you're feeling down. They could cheer you up.

*For your information, Azuki Frappuccino is best eat with Tiramisu

5 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Next time I treat u the "Banana Java Chips", wan? hehe

veerla said...

My pleasure... nan de you offer urself to treat me.. thank you ah..

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

yesterday i drink coffe with espreso chips. nice~~

Anonymous said...

mi love to eat these kind of thingy too leee... next time v go there makan n 8 eh kakakakakakk~~~

veerla said...

wsj: tot you say u don't drink coffee?

whymei: sure.. no problem.. bill on u ah... hehe...