Saturday, June 16, 2007

Meal at Lavender

While shopping at Tebrau City, I felt very hungry... Think of getting some snacks to fill the stomach. By my nature, my first choice would be Old Town - for coffee/tea and toast. But my brother wanted more variety. So, we decided to go Lavender.

It's been a year plus since I last had lunch at Lavender (Senai Airport). That was when I was out office at Senai. I could still remember the Iced Mocha... look attractive and taste good. Look at the picture.... it really looked attractive.


Usually when I had nothing in mind as to what to eat, I'd normally go for chef recommended food. I saw this "Treasure box". It looked good in the picture and the description was as such: "White bread, egg, chicken, garlic with homemade white source". Hmm... garlic? I was thinking maybe it was thick toast spreaded with garlic butter. The golden color outlook of bread could be caused by egg. So, I was imaging maybe the bread was covered by pan-fried egg or something. Also, I was thinking it could be taste like 棺材板 as I tried at 士林夜市. (Taiwan's snacks didn't really impressed me, except for 棺材板.....)

So, here it comes.....


Looked good BUT bread was deep fried !!!! Oh gosh~~~ I don't understand why they ppl like to deep fried bread. Don't they reckon bread will absorb the oil and the bread tastes really awful regardless how crispy the bread is? -_-

Take off the cover.. ohh... now then I noticed the bread was filled with soup. It's not the white gravvy that I previously imagined. It's soup. Corn soup with chicken.

Finished the soup and I cut a bit of bread, I was filled... Couldn't finish the rest of it... That's how much the leftover... wasted huh? It'd be best to waste as it's oily....

If you were to have meal at Lavender, please don't order this "treasure box". I don't think it worth as much as you pay for. I strongly recommend spagetti. Seafood spagetti, yummy ~~~

3 comments:

Ninjapura said...

hahaha... last night I tot u told me Lavendar MRT... that's why I asked u which stall...!

Senai airpost now so high class liao ah? Got restaurant somemore.

veerla said...

Jia ba eng ah? go Lavender MRT hawker centre? hawker centre is everywhere lor..

Ya~~ Senai Airport also progress liao.. got Lavender..

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

棺材板in taiwan is very nice loooooooooooo

i still can recall my meal in taiwan... my gosh..