Thursday, June 21, 2007

Suddenly wish to visit Australia..

For so many times I was asked this question: Do you miss Australia? Why don't you stay and work there? And my answer was never: I miss Australia. Straight after my convocation, I returned Malaysia. Never extended my stay there. But today, I suddenly have the urge to visit Australia.

Partly maybe because this H-man suddenly left message here, partly also because JH showed me Melbourne travel guide today as he'll be travelling to Melbourne this Sunday. Although I'd been to Melbourne twice only during my stay in Australia, surprisedly I can still remember out from Melbourn Centre train station, the state library is just opposite and RMIT was just down the raod; Melbourne University is somewhere nearby Victoria Market. Hoohoo...

I could still remember I was staying at 35, Regent St, Kensington, mobile number 0422-601-006. haha.. I can't remember my house phone number though. I only know it's an 8 digits number. I don't know why the house usually has lower temperature than outside. One will feel cold after staying in room for some time. One good thing about this was we wouldn't be feeling so stuffy during summer. However, I could still remember 3 quarters of my stay I was like staying in fridge, especially during winter, everyone freezed. I used to cover myself with 3 thick clothes during winter. Sometimes 3 thick clothes were also not good enough, then I'd wrap myself in the sleeping bag. Come to sleeping, the wool quilt was not good enough also, then the sleeping bag would do me good. Can imagine when you were covered in the sleeping bag, plus a quilt on your top? Sound hot right? hehe... but the temperature was just right for sleep.. ppl might ask why we don't just switch on the heater? We didn't use heater as we didn't have a centralised heater at home. If all of us were to consum heater, the electricity bill would be like AUD400 a month. Nobody wanted to bear such a high cost.

Every weekend we'd be browsing through the catalogue to see what items were on sales for the week. There are 3 supermarkets - Woolworths, Coles and Foodland where we bought the groceries and foods most frequently. Say for example, when Arnord's biscuits were on sales, all of us would be stocking up the biscuits; when chocolates were on sales, then chocolates would be all around the place. Having known what were the everyday low price items seemed important to all of us. Couldn't help it... poor students must find all means to save. When come to paying the goods, I always prayed in my heart, hoping that the price was set wrongly so that I could get the item free. haha.

There were too many things to recall and can't really put all of them in words now. I'm thinking if it's possible to visit Australia in July? Go walk walk and enjoy the weather. Or maybe can go Mt Buller skiing? Or go Great Ocean Road and feel the strong wind? or a short walk at Rundle Mall, sit down for coffee or gelati? Or driving around Barrossa Valley and taste wine? Soo good if I could make this true..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

July still winter consider if u can take the cold. i drop my mind to go Tasmania to look for a frd during her holiday in Jul.. as I really can't take freezing trip! hehe ^_^

Anonymous said...

I suppose you don't miss australia, you just miss your time in australia. :)

Let me know if you are coming, definitely will catch up with you for tea.

believe it or not, I am still using that H-Man soccer shirt on saturday afternoon with some iraqi bloke. ha... but they all know me as Wan, not H-man. the funny thing is, they never ask why I put H-man on the shirt. :)

Ninjapura said...

Well, everyone will miss their good old time sometime somewhere when we have enough of the cruel world here.

It's good that you still keep those nice memory in your mind :) cheer up and go for some walk walk if you like.

veerla said...

yiqi: you should go Tasmania. it's fantastic. I really like Tasmania. I visited Shi Yun last time during semester break. it's winter also but shiok leh. we even ate ice-cream when the weather was just 8*c. hehe. i oso went to Rose, where the bakery shop Gong Qi Jun's cartoon - Kiki delivery was telling. haha. was so excited when both of us found the bakery shop. too bad it was under renovation, so didn't manage to go in and take picture.

veerla said...

H-man: I missed Australia.. not the days I was in Australia. what so fun about my days when I was like attending lecturer and tutorials? I was so hardworking most of the time, except when I was also working at Myer, Shogun. But I did enjoy when I was travelling around. The pace of life, the old old buildings and the scenics... so great. Feel bored then take the tram to Glenelg walk walk. or take bus to Handolf to have German's food. so nice.

veerla said...

Ninja: ya.. sg is really not a place to stay, to me. too realistic. the longer i stay, the more i want to run away.

anything wrong with u ah? ur comment is too 正经 this round. haha.