Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sometimes you only need a listener

I was talking to Michelle during lunch, who is also a Malaysian who has been working in sg for many years. I didn’t tell much of the details but was merely telling her that I’m not happy.

I get to know Michelle because of Company A. The engagement could be the worst engagement in my portfolio but fortunate enough, the staffs there are friendly and nice. That trade-off the unfortunate of doing audit for this entity. I appreciate the help Michelle offers me during the course of audit. Personally, I also think she’s also a good listener. At least she knows my feeling. Yeah... sometimes we merely need a listener. He/she doesn't need to understand what you're talking about (basically most of the time they don't understand). You only need someone who will listen to you. Those who will listen patiently is your friend. That's a way to vent our unhappiness.

She suggested me to have a backup plan since I don’t enjoy what I’m doing now. Yeah… she’s right. She asked me to apply PR asap as a backup so that I hop to wherever I want to go. In fact, I’m not really interested in PR as I don’t even know whether I’ll be working or staying in sg in near future. My initial plan is only for short-term. But now, it seems to me that getting PR will be the ultimate choice if I don’t intend to stay with this firm anymore.

Ahh..... How I wish I could spend my day at a resort with no worries.


And enjoy the spa and massage.....

Have good food under the moonlight......


Just eat, enjoy and and sleep only. Sounds good eh?

So we set to spend one of our weekend like this in July, either Turibeach or Batam View Resort. I didn't manage to go with yiqi last time in May, so I must die die make it this round!

Who else is interested?

4 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Gal, you are a good listener too. Thank you ah.

veerla said...

ohh... no worries... hehe...

MISTY said...

I do agree that Michelle is a good listener and helper. If not for her, things will not move smoothly right? Veerla, pls send my regards to her. i lost her hp no already. i hope she is fine and happy there.

i do agree with Michelle u should apply for PR. dun wait just do it. its no harm wat. the only painful thing u have to face is, part of your salary is "donated" to your CPF account.

Anonymous said...

Yo, getting a PR here is much more convenient if u looking for new jobs, cos most stated "Only S'porean & PR", the CPF.. jus take it as a fix deposit lo.. good luck!

it's not a difficult move to spend a weekend at the resort, the matter is you wan to make that move or not. it's only 45 mins ferry ride there.. not a hassle trip at all.. Do it when when yr heart tell u dear. Take a rest~