Friday, June 1, 2007

Parkson's Member Day

It happened to be Parkson's Member Day yesterday while it's also public holiday in Singapore. I merely recalled a promoter of Kose called me before with regards this, or I wouldn't never know. Thinking that I have some comestic products to shop, hence, I decided to risk for a shopping opportunity where there could have no parkings, long queue at cashier and grabbing stuffs with the crowds, for which I hate the most.

Talking about member day, I can barely recalled the awful shopping experience on Jusco's Member Day. It also fell on weekdays, I specifically took leave on that day to accompany my mum. Woke up very early in the morning (at around 9am ~ yeah, it's really early for me especially it's for shopping purpose) so that we could be the first few early birds to "snatch" the parking lot easily. Well... we're not the only "kiasu" ppl. "Kiasu" aunties were all around. After an hour Jusco barely started business, the shopping centre had flooded with ppl. Two hours later before noon, I immersed myself in the ppl flood and couldn't easily move around. I was also frustrated when come to pay as the queue was really LONG. So in the end, I didn't get a thing as the shopping mood was spoiled and I told myself never to shop on whatever member days as it's just a waste of time. An advice to Jusco shoppers - Should you want to shop during member day, visit the store the day before member day, have a full grasp of what you want and list it down. On member day itself, grab the things you want within the first hour and go!

Back to Parkson's Member Day... I've never been to Holiday Plaza for long long time. Maybe 2 years since I last visited, or longer than that I guess. Basically I don't like Holiday Plaza cos I don't have a good feel about this shopping mall. Ppl there don't really look nice and friendly. To the contrary, many Ah Beng, Ah Seng and Ah Lians. (No offence please.... That's exactly the feeling) It wasn't really crowded yesterday whereby I got my car parked nicely within 5 mins and I finished shopping at Parkson within an hour (partly because there wasn't much that interest me). What did I buy yesterday?

1. Britney Spears Curious

The smell is alright for me. I bought it partly because the design of the bottle and the packaging. The packaging is very unique right? :)




2. Clarins Pore Minimizing Serum
I don't anyhow buy facial product ever since I'd paid so much "tuition fee" for trying out many brands. But now, I'm Dermalogica's user and I don't look at other brands since then. This product from Clarins drew my attention. I tried out and I like the texture very much. This serum is not oily at all and it's absorbed by skin within seconds!
Inevitably, our pores are enlarged with age. Precaution is essential at this awkward age (not young but yet old). If you're looking for the similar product, I strongly recommend this.




3. YvesSaintLaurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

This is the star product of YvesSaintLaurent. This can be used as concealer, as well as a highlighter that brightens your complexion. I came across this by chance. I think the most common concealer that other brands usually have are concealer stick which I don't really like it. I was looking for one in liquid form. I was stunned by the design of this concealer. Amazing and awesome! You press the button and the liquid will flow to the brush. What you need to do is just to brush at the area you want to apply and blend lightly with fingertips. Easy to use! Moreover, the texture is so fine and it looks natural on your face. It can even used without make up!

Read the review from other media.


I bought this for the sake of buying. Basically I need a loose powder at a cheaper price than SKII. I have one and I leave it at Singapore. The size of the packing is not convenient to carry around. Hence, I thought of getting another brand (I'm sure any other brand is cheaper than SKII for sure) and leave it at home in JB for use. This is an easy to carry loose powder and it doesn't bring much burden to your face. It could also be a star product of Clarins, I think. The powder is compact, unlike the usual loose powder we see in the market, which is really in loose form. If you're running out of loose powder and feel like trying out other brand, get this!


Don't ask me how much are these 4 products in total. I didn't count.... :)

4 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Wah rich girl, got bought anything for me? I also need some SK II... -_-"

veerla said...

u need SKII for wat? you're richer than me lor...

MISTY said...

Miss Foo, u are young and dun really need SKII!! Anyway, i just want to tell u.... did u compare the prices between sg and msia? In sg, go for the Metro 20% storewide sales - i have the Metro card, if u want next time we can go together. i always buy for my friend who is a msian but stay in Qatar. hmmm.... u have given me few tips on what to buy. Thanks!!!!!

veerla said...

misty: i didn't use SKII products (but i used to 3 years back), but only loose powder at the moment. I didn't compare the price cos basically i don't know the price in sg. hehe... yeah... next time go together..

i'm more into ettusias's produc now.. hehe.. see my next post..