Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dining at George and Dragon

Outlook of the cafe

It's not any special occassion. I merely feel like having some good food. So I suggested to have dinner at George and Dragon. I'd been there before with TT, JX and LH. Didn't have the main course last time cos I was called to the place after I had something for dinner. I've been thinking to visit this cafe again to make up the "yi han".

George and Dragon Cafe offers wine, beers and spirit of English food. They claim to serve "best steak in town". All meals are fresh from kitchen and are cooked with homemade stock, MSG free. Also, no pork is served in this cafe. The cafe is run by a lady boss from U.K. (if I'm not mistaken). The decoration at the dining area is also very "England".



As we don't eat beef, hence, only fish and chicken are ordered. According to TT and JX last commented, I believe the steak does taste good. We ordered the soup of the day - asparagus soup and homemade mushroom soup as starter, followed by the main course as follow:

Me and my dad ordered Salmon Fillet - Norwegian Salmon served with vegetable and US Russet potato. I chose to serve with garlic sauce whereas my dad's serve with lemon butter source. I don't know why I actually got a bit sickening with the fish. Nothing to do with the taste of the fish. Maybe because I lost appetite after having the soup filled up my stomach. My dad commented that salmon fillet at Sushi King taste better. haha.





My brother ordered Sherwood Chicken - char-grilled chicken chop with sweet and sour source, served with vegetable and potato wedges. I think it's so so only. Maybe the sauce is not really that fantastic.



Wholegrain Mustard Chicken - my little brother's main course. Deep fried chicken chop with wholegrain mustard sauce (don't know what it is). I didn't try cos it's deep fried. My brother and sis commented that this is the best among the 3 different chicken they ordered tonight.







Fresh Mushroom Chicken - Char-grilled chicken chop served with mushroom. The sauce is fantastic! But too bad, the chicken comes with skin. Gosh. I wonder why they didn't remove the skin?








My mum ordered Seafood Pasta. It's claimed as the best seller of the cafe. Err... it's too late for me to take the picture. As I finished taking pictures with all the chicken chops, the pasta had reached this state. hehe. The pasta was served with plenty of prawns and mussles. The sauce taste good too.




Lastly, homemade dessert. We merely ordered 2 of this Chocolate Fudge with ice-cream and shared. This dessert is really fantastic, I must say. the chocolate is served hot, the ice-cream is cold. The hot and the cold meet together, cum the fudge, perfect match! A must try dessert.


Here goes the address and contact:

No.1 & 3, Jalan Glasiar, Taman Tasek
80200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: 07-232 3761 Fax: 07-235 1767

3 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Your parents quite "ON" leh. Can be dragged by you to this kind of high class place to eat. Why huh? Strike toto isit? Wah, so good leh, every weekend got to eat nice food. You are really rich princess.

veerla said...

wei wei wei... where got every weekend?? ur SGD33 7 courses meal leh?

to have sth you feel like having doesn't need a reason.

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

walao eh.. super rich~~~