Sunday, July 15, 2007

Movie - Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

I didn't expect myself to watch Harry Potter this weekend. I'd ended up watching Harry Potter just because I was cheated by the showtimes posted on web this around. Again? Yes, AGAIN! This time was Golden Screen Cinema at Leisure Mall. This was so unfair! This fella could watch ALONE in the cinema on Thursday (what I meant "alone" was he's the only fella watching the movie in the cinema! Can imagine?). When come to my turn, the cinema said it's no longer showing and we had 3 of us! What a world!

Okay, back to Harry Potter. This is the 5th series of movie but the one and only series I've watched so far. I don't used to watch Harry Potter since I know the story quite well. But still, the Order of Phoenix didn't leave me much impression as the book was just too thick. I also read this book 3 or 4 years back, for I really have forgotten the content. Surprisingly, as I watched the movie, I could still remember the story line basically because the movie had successfully included the essense of the story, leaving other details unfolded.

Luna Lovegood is a new character introduced in this series. The girl who played this role didn't really fit the attributes as described in the book. The book introduced Luna Lovegood as: "She had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows and protuberrant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look.... The girl gave off an aura of distinct dottiness. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stuck her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping, or that she had chosen o wear a necklace of Butterbeer corks, or that she was reading a magazine upside-down." In other words, she's a weirdo. I can't remember if she's reading a magazine upside-down in the movie, nor if she stuck her wand behind her left ear, she did wear a necklace. But I'm not sure if that's Butterbeer corks. She's such a lovely girl (although her eyes looked dull) in my impression. Even better looking than Cho Chang (don't know what's good about her and Harry likes her so much).

My imagination about the Dementors, Sirius Black, Mad-Eye Moody, Tonks and Voldemort have realised. I can imagine next round when I'm going to read the Half Blood Prince, all these characters will come into my mind with lesser imagination. Dementors and Voldemort presented in the movie was really out of my imagination. I never thought Dementors and Voldemort could look like a human. Although Voldemort slowly has the shape (as human) as he gained more power but I never thought he could be looking good anyway. He came without nose only in the movie.

I cannot comment if this movie is great. It's different perception for someone who watch it without having read up the book and someone who have been following since first book. The movie merely presented what I've known in the past and deepen my impression about the book.

But then, I'll still think Harry Potter is entertaining, anyway. Both the book itself, and the movie.

4 comments:

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

good movie lo..
i think i really like this episode.. there are some good quotes from the movie~~

veerla said...

every series of Harry Potter got good quotes lor...
not just this one..

especially words from Dumbledore.. sometimes really touch my heart.

I told u ppl fall asleep and snored in the cinema right? for ppl who didn't follow would find it boring, really.

Ninjapura said...

Wahahaha...

Can't believe that you kena cheated by "alone" twice. Different cinema somemore. Wahahaha! Your joke always brighten my days leh.

Silly head.

veerla said...

you got tong qing xin one or not? zhu ba jie.

brighten your days eh? got prize? stingy.