Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dragon fruit tree flowered!

While everybody's crazy about durian.... my dragon fruit tree finally flowered!! It's one and half year wait. But only one fruit... okay... slowly... See? My Ah Mai sms me as she saw it. haha.



This is a giant species from Kahang. How I got this? There's one occassion I went outstation to Kahang and Rompin for audit. Having known that I like dragon fruits very much, the friendly and nice estate manager brought me 10 seedlings, 6 white fruit seedlings and 4 red fruit seedlings (a free lunch as they came at no cost). When come to planting, great strength is required as you'll need to dig a hole as deep as 2.5 meters to bury the hanger (usually hard wood or concrete). Then the 3 or 4 seedlings surround the hanger at 1 meter depth. I must say digging the hole was really tough. (err... I wasn't the one who dig the hole.. hiak... )

Every month, you must feed the dragon fruit plant with fertilisers. Of cos, watering is also essential. Must make sure the plants get enough water. Days continue as long as one and half year and you'll see the flower.... *wink*

Mr.Chiew asked me to call him when the dragon fruit ripe. I'm gonna give him a call these days to thank him.

Besides dragon fruit seedlings, Mr.Chiew also gave me 2 papaya seedlings (err... it's a special species from Indonesia, can't remember the name of the species). See the tree is so big and fruitful now. It's been "producing" fruits every now and then. Hmm... another seedling died cos don't know which clumsy stepped on it when the plant was still young.


This species of papaya tree is short. The fruit is sweet and it doesn't come with the smell. You know papaya come with a smell, which I really don't like it. Is it the smell of enzyme?? I don't know.... I only know it's somehow disgusting. This papaya doesn't have that kind of smell. hehe.

Err.... durian trees also got... but no interest in durian.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Veerla,
1st time comment in ur blog. i like dragon fruit also,esp red meat 1. Next time when u eat ur 1st dragon fruit, remember post it up :)

*appreatiated for what ppl done. thank from the bottom of the heart. u r a nice gal

Ninjapura said...

Hahaha... anonymous come here too.

Btw, talk abt durian, this coming sunday me going to JB for durian buffet all-you-can-eat trip oh, so happy!

Wah since when you growing so many fruits, why don't consider quit your job and have fruit farming? And remember to give me some of your dragonfruit!

Anonymous said...

wat anonymous comes here too ? i am ur little fans ok.

Ninja papa, u r so irittating.
if i am Veerla, once got chance,sure shoot shoot shoot u......

Ninjapura said...

lala 不舍得 shoot me one loh, cos I simply too 可爱...

hahaha...!

veerla said...

haha... here come little fan of ninja eh?? it's my pleasure. does ur "16/7 rule" apply here too? haha. thanks for your compliment, u make my day.

Ninja: tot you have marathon this sunday? still can go for durian feast? faint... heaty fruit. bad for health if eat too much.

fruit farming can earn living to feed me meh?? grow oil palm tree can? keke. i can't believe there're ppl like u in this world who had never tried dragon fruit before. faint.

Ninjapura said...

Jie, my marathon on sat ok, waste lots of energy so gotta replenish on sunday.

Hey, I really never try dragon fruit loh. This is a new fruit and I worry if I buy it and don't like then waste my precious money ok.

Anyway, thanks for your dragonfruit *wink*

veerla said...

what new fruit?? I have been eating this fruit everyday for 4 years liao ok!

you stingy ppl. spend only a dollar on fruit oso cannot. guarantee nice la. better than durian.

wait for another year la u.. willing wait for another year than spending a dollar. silly.

Ninjapura said...

You zu pa jie. This fruit only born 4 yrs ago so it's new to me ok.

I rather wait another year than waste my precious 1 dollar.

Lalalalala...

Ninjapura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
veerla said...

please lor... the fruit wasn't only born 4 years ago. u suagu.

and... it's zhu ba jie not zu pa jie. hoho. eh.. my trademark ok. dun anyhow use.

Ninjapura said...

I know zu ba jie is your trademark, which you have registered in your IC, driving license etc. Wahahaha!

veerla said...

you chou zhu ba jie.

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

faint~~~