Saturday, May 5, 2007

Coming soon (1) - Minutes to Midnight

Ohh yeah.... have been waiting their next album for 3 years after Meteora. The lead single from the upcoming album - "What I've Done" didn't give me much surprise.... *disappointed* I hope some songs in this upcoming album will be astonishing ..... but I won't be surprised if it's just so-so...

Meteora is still my favourite album which I've been listening to it for thousand times. Especially when I was stressed up during exams or for work, I'd just put on my earphone and played this album repeatedly, let the music wind around my mind while doing tutorials and wrapping files (when I was doing something I don't like but still have to commit to the accomplishment).

Human's inmost feeling is very fragile. Minor as peanut things could upset us. All songs in the album can somehow describe my feeling from time to time...


When I'm lost:
"I want to heal, I want to feel, what I thought was never real
I want to let go of the pain I've held so long...
I want to heal, I want to feel, like I'm close to something real
I want to find something I've wanted all along
or
"I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream,
I don't know why I instigate and say what I don't mean,
I don't know how I got this way, I know it's not alright,
So I'm breaking the habit tonight"

Sometimes when I'm trying to escape from a fact:
"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb
It's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone"
When I was fighting with the witch in the office:
"One minute you're on top, the next you're not,
Watch it drop ,
Making your heart stop, just before you hit the floor
One minute you're on top, the next you're not,
Missed your shot,
Making your heart stop, you think won, and then it's all gone"

When facing the push factors in the office:
"Try to give you warning but everyone ignores me
[Told you everything loud and clear] but nobody's listening
Call to you so clearly but you don't want to hear me
[Told you everything loud and clear] but nobody's listening
I got a
Heart full of pain, head full of stress
Handful of anger held in my chest
Uphill struggle, blood, sweat and tears
Nothing to gain, everything to fear"

Some songs are simply too good like numb..... and One step closer (from the album of Hybrid Theory) - especially the "Shut up" part.. that's really awesome! "SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU! SHUT UP~ SHUT UP~ SHUT ~~UP~~~~" Cool ~~~

No comments: