Thursday, May 10, 2007

Never try to get cab between 10pm to 11:30pm

Feel like cursing the taxi drivers who hide themselves at one place and only pick up customers with bookings. You know it's very difficult to speak to operator during 10pm and 11:30pm? Listen to the music only! When I was at this Havelock Road bus stop, I started to call the hotline. Saw a bus will get to somewhere near my place so I stepped in. Dunno where to get off so I chose to get off at a bus stop where many ppl were getting off (it's at Ranges Avenue). Then I started to call the hotline again. Again!! "Please do not hang up while we're transferring your call.... " "Your call is important to us.... we'll be attending to your call shortly.... " KNS !!

I saw the sign board and it was Lower Delta Road on my right. So I walked towards that direction as I thought maybe I could see the bus number I usually took. While holding the mobile, listening to the stupid music, I continue walking. Who knows I saw this "Jln Bt Swee Ho"... ohh my god!! I'd reached this Tiong Bahru Plaza already and I haven't got myself a cab yet!! What the hell!

Anyway, now then I know actually making a "L" turn from the bus stop I alighted, it's Tiong Bahru.... If I were to know the direction at that moment, I would be that panic anymore.

Cursing all the taxi drivers who didn't stop while I flagged by the road!!

P/S: food feast at Clarke Quay will be posted soon...

5 comments:

Ninjapura said...

You very blur loh. Actually at Havelock Road you can wait for 195 towards Great World City side. Then this bus will go to Tiong Bahru Plaza. Remember huh, next time dun get lost again :)

MISTY said...

cabs are like that in sg. they will say the drivers need a break between that time. lots of drivers also refuses to come to the city to pick up passengers. most will hide in the neighbourhood and call it a day. what to do, this is SG! call cab also cannot get thru. thats V V V V V V V V Vusual.

Yiqi said...

wah.. didn't know u have this issue after the gathering!! sorry dear, we thought u were just too close n tought having a cab for u is better..

veerla said...

Ninja: I was just not clear about the direction. i'm not blur ok! ok ok... 195.. got it!

Misty: can't they choose some other time for break? I know they want to earn more. But this has become a practice in this service industry.

Yiqi: Y sorry? I tot i can easily get a cab also. who knows it's so so so difficult to get a cab that night! even worse than tuas! It's all about luck... sian... maybe it's a punishment for taking earlier leave.. haha..

MISTY said...

Veerla, i know where the cab drivers hide .... they hide behind NTUC centre opposite Temasek Tower. i was there on fri around 9.30pm. i saw several cabs there "resting". then as i was gg to park my car, one cab turn out with the "on call" sign and drove soooooooooooooooooooooo fast. FYI there was once i took a cab, the cab driver told me NOT to take / call cabs from DBS tower. they said its well known that the passengers dun turn up. Remember ok....