Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nightmare

Nobody could be as this unlucky as me. Within six months, I'm auditing this Company twice. If it's a nice and tidy company, nevermind. To the contrary, the account is messy, management changed due to fraud, audited FS for YE 2005 and 2006 have not been signed off and I'm doing 2007 for 4 months. Arghhhhh.... what's the point? Prior years mess has not been cleaned up and what's the point I'm doing this 2007?? If the holding company could accept a report with one long list of outstanding matters and one whole chunk of unresolved accounting treatments, by all means! By that could that also mean that they don't mind using the unaudited figures (if they think the company is peanut to the group)? Then, what's the point of engaging us again? Waste of company's resources only (and waste of my energy and efforts).

This was the one and only engagement I'd ever worked this late at client's place. In January 2007, me and my assistant, including my manager at later stage worked until 1am or 2am+ for continously 2 weeks non-stop. Because of the bad screw up, it also caused me firefight for other engagements within my portfolios badly. What a nightmare to me. Never in my past 3 years' record. And now, same problems, same issues and same nightmare..... what makes the difference is I'm not willing to work till so late anymore. I'm burned out..... Please be considerate.... for one having messy companies for the whole peak period, if not messy then shitty client, how far can this person go?

Is there anything fair in this firm? No covers from the managers. Even work until die, nobody cares (yes, they care if you're partner). As what my manager said: "ppl are not interested in knowing the problems you face, they only care whether you have the solutions readily presented to them." If anything happened to the engagement, they push the blame all the way down from manager level, as if manager is not part of the team. Then the blame will stop at senior's level, which is always the case where I'll be eventually the victim and the scapegoat.

No fair judgements... The words highlighted in blue was like a wet blanket to me... and I suddenly woke up... This is the world. The dark world. Can I have some power to fight against the dark force, like Harry Potter?

5 comments:

MISTY said...

i know the company u are referring to and it also cause me to get backstab. this is a bad company.

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

Haha.. use vesak day to generate some positive energy to withstand all the dark force.. :)

Buddha blessed~

veerla said...

Misty: i was told to follow up YE2005 as well... haiyo... YE2005, 2006 and now 2007. sian. the manager washed her hand clean and throwed it to the SIC who's now AM. and she became the acting manager. sian.

wsj: i pray, i pray, i pray pray pray...

MISTY said...

my dear gal, got chance i want to update u :)

veerla said...

Misty, you sounded like u have interesting stuff to share with me.. hehe... waiting your update..