Saturday, May 12, 2007

They can't have pedestrian at Tuas checkpoint??

I was working at Tuas today. It was very close to Tuas checkpoint so I thought of just heading towards to Tuas checkpoint after work. I got the taxi driver to drop me at the checkpoint and as I walked towards the departure hall, I was stopped by this. He told me that I can't walk at Tuas checkpoint and only coaches can pass through unless I was holding a valid bus ticket at the moment. I told him that I merely got the taxi driver to drop me here and I intended to take the bus at the other end. HE DISALLOWED STILL! He asked me to either take the cab or bus (182) to go back to Jurong East and paid SGD3.50 and returned here by bus. WHAT THE HELL!! That sound so stupid and ridiculous man! I was just 20 feets away from the departure hall and now asked me to take the bus all the way down to Jurong East and came back here again? The to and fro would take me more than an hour and somemore, I couldn't be sure myself I would be able to catch the last bus as it was already 9:30pm.

I begged the officer to excuse me once on the account that I was not aware of the stupid rule he's mentioning but he's very insistent. I feel like punching him, really. I looked around to see if there's any signboard or disclaimer BUT NONE! Come on, I was not smuggling or doing anything bad, I just wanted to get passed the checkpoint and catched the bus at the other side, and I was merely 20 feets away!! This si ren annoying officer!

Then, I called my colleague to turn back and get the taxi driver to send me to Woodland checkpoint instead.... Thought things would be smooth then.. BUT Woodland's traffic was super congested! Cars were not moving at all! My dear god.... what have I done to deserve all these today? Firstly the insult from MIC, then the discrimination from the officer; then, got stuck in the stupid jam. Are YOU training me to be strong and tough?? NOT THIS WAY, PLEASE.

No comments: