Sunday, May 20, 2007

Coming soon (2) - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Hoo~~ Hoo~~ Hoo~~ I haven't finished read up the "The half blood prince" and now the 7th book is coming.... Oh my god... I must quickly finish up the book 6 before I grab this... is this possible?

I used to spend my summer break reading up the Harry Potter. The half blood prince was when I've already started working... no more summer break and that's why never finished the read up.. *good excuse huh* hehe....

Why I like Harry Potter so much? Well... no particular reason... just enjoy the reading, that's it. I very much enjoyed reading the Quidditch game part, I like more about Dumbledore's words to Harry.

Some extracts from Harry Potter that could enlighten you...

"To the well-orgarnised mind, death is but the next great adventure...... Money and life.... The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things which are worst for them." ~ Harry Potter and the Philopsoher's Stone

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." ~ Harry Potter and the Philopsoher's Stone

"Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn't realise that love as powerful as you mother's for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign... to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection for ever. It is in your very skin.." ~ Harry Potter and the Philopsoher's Stone

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

"You think the dead we have loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him." ~ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"The order of Pheonix" did not leave me much impression simply because it's too thick. I found that it's just too lengthy and I think the writer merely prolonged the story for the sake of making the novel thick. You may also notice the series are getting thicker and thicker, of cos they're getting more pricey as it gains the fame. Undoubtedly, by its nature, I guess the 7th books must be the thickest amongst all......

3 comments:

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

Well, i have lost my interest on Harry potter since i finished first 4 books....

veerla said...

hmm... it's lengthy lor.... i also read till sian...

Anonymous said...

me too!! i used to read too but the book become thicker and thicker.. really no time to finish lo..