Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Phantom of the Opera

The Phantom of the Opera~~~~ Finally.... I watched this show on May 16, 2007. It's weekday. I was worried that I can't cabut from office before 7pm for the show. It's a long awaiting show to me as I bought the CD 9 years back at RM84.90 and haven't got chance to watch the show in person. I didn't know much about this musical show when I bought the CD but I simply bought it because I like "The music of the night". So this time round, I was like by hook or by crook must watch one. Hehe...

I can't imagine myself would spend SGD147 on the show. I was very kiasu cos I thought the theatre is big and I afraid that I couldn't see the stage clearly. Hmm.. the theatre is far smaller than I expect. The stage is also small. So I think no matter where you sit, one can still see show clearly (at least know what they're doing) although certain seats bound to have limited view.

To my surprise, the orchestra group was playing under the stage. It was a very small space and it's cramped. But still, they delivered high standard of the music though, and the sound effect was simply superb!! The music was also richer than the CD I had. Can't help with it... music grows over time. There bound to have difference since one was played 9 years back. Compared to the version I had, I preferred this Phantom. His voice was PERFECT! He could sing some keys flawlessly.

The change of the scene was extremely FAST. The sets were spectacular and I personally like "The staircase of the opera house" where they sang the "Masquerade". I also like "The labyrinth underground" where the Phantom and Christine were in the boat and moved across the misty water, and the candles rose from the stage. Gosh ~ how did they make it?? The misty water of the underground lake looked so real ~~ and it's really beautiful~~

If I had the chance to watch this again, I would want to watch it in other theatre... not in the same theatre for the same show.

Comment from other media...

5 comments:

Ninjapura said...

Yeah, I remember I bought the Phantom CD that time because I like the song "Music of the Night". It played in one of the 謝韶光 famous shows. Haha, only people of our age know who he is :)

veerla said...

yalor yalor ~~ I also got to know "Music of the Night" because of Xie Shao Guang's show. I think it's a show he played with Wang Bi Ren if I'm not mistaken.

Ninjapura said...

Oldie -_-"

潇洒走一回(少俊) said...

家事 is it?

veerla said...

ya ~~ Jia Shi ~~